Ten Top Tips for a fun-filled and fabulous February in Bath!
February may be the shortest month of the year, but you’re not short of things to do in Bath in 2023! Embracing Valentine’s Day, half-term, the city's newest festival and so much more, there's oodles to see and do across the city from memorable concerts and interactive workshops to inspiring exhibitions and top sporting action.
1. Make your very own Star Viewfinder at the Herschel Museum of Astronomy from 11-19 February 2023 and visit the house where William Herschel, using a telescope of his own design, discovered the planet Uranus in 1781.
3. There's loads to see and do at the Victoria Art Gallery this month, from Butterfly Bright picture-making morning workshops (13-17 February 2023) to a free exhibition of work from Bath-based artist Jessica Palmer ('Meadow Music' pictured above) running until 11 April 2023
4. A brand new Festival of Wellbeing - Rebalance Bath - runs throughout most of February, with hundreds of opportunities to improve health and wellbeing including talks, classes, workshops and loads of interactive activities across the city 7-26 February 2023.
5. Very few tickets remain for Club Origami at The Egg, part of Theatre Royal Bath. This immersive and interactive dance show (15-17 February 20 invites family audiences to create, imagine and explore whole new ways of thinking, playing and moving. Dance, fashion and live music meet the magic of origami to sweep us up on a spirited and inspiring adventure in a land made purely of paper and play.
6. For football fanatics, don’t miss Bath City FC’s trio of home games this month starting with a visit from Vanarama National League South leaders Ebbsfleet United (Sat 11 Feb), followed by Havant & Waterlooville (Tue 21 Feb) and Tonbridge (Sat 25 Feb). Entry for kids starts at £2 with family ticket packages available.
7. If the Guinness Six Nations isn't enough for rugby lovers, don't miss Bath Rugby's home tie against London Irish on (Sat 18 Feb), as part of the wider annual Bath Rugby Foundation Day - a day dedicated to the important and inspiring work of Bath Rugby Foundation - before local rivals Bristol Bears head down the A4 for a crucial fixture under the Friday Night Lights (Fri 24 Feb).
8. Team Bath start the 2023 Netball Super League season with three games on the road, before their first home fixture against Strathclyde Sirens (Fri 24 Feb). Enjoy the great atmosphere at the Team Bath Arena with tickets starting at £11 and family tickets available.
9. For younger sports fans who prefer playing to watching, don’t miss great opportunities with Bath Rugby Camps running a mixed camp (17 Feb) and a girls-only Education and Development Day (16 Feb) as well as Team Bath Netball Camps running throughout half term (13, 14, 16 Feb) for players or all abilities and newcomers, taking place at the University of Bath's Team Bath Sports Training Village.
10. This valentine's day, fall in love some of the most romantic and heartfelt orchestral pieces ever written, courtesy of Bath's professional orchestra Bath Philharmonia featuring sensational rising star pianist Jeneba Kanneh-Mason performing Rachmaninov’s passionate and evocative 2nd Piano Concerto. This concert at Bath Forum is heading for a sell-out so book now via Bath Box Office.
To add a splash of luxury to your visit to Bath, look no further than the award-winning The Apartment, Bath, regularly singled out for its location, comfort and personalised welcome with even more tips and recommendations to make the most of your stay. For last-minute availability and the best rates, book direct and we wish you a fabulous, fun-filled February!